It only takes a split second of negligence for an auto accident to have a devastating impact on your body, health, property, and even life. If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, you could be entitled to monetary compensation for damages and personal injuries.
Peters Law Firm is here to help relieve the stress Papillion, NE, drivers face in the aftermath of an auto accident. We provide the legal guidance you need to get the compensation you’re entitled to under the law.
Contact Peters Law Firm online or call (712) 328-3157 to schedule an initial consultation about your auto accident today.
Understanding Auto Accidents in Papillion, NE
More than 6 million auto accidents occur every year in the U.S. Nearly 40,000 of them happen in Nebraska, with about half resulting in injury. The most common cause of auto accidents is driver error, which includes:
- Distracted driving, including texting, talking with others in the car, eating, applying makeup, daydreaming, and using a hand-held mobile device.
- Speeding. Drivers who speed often lose control of their vehicle, especially on narrow roads or at curves, putting everyone else on the road at great risk. Speeders also have less time to react to sudden road events, including pedestrians or children darting out into the street.
- Drunk driving results in reckless driving, slower reaction times, and falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Drowsy driving. Tired drivers can’t notice or react quickly to road dangers like alert drivers can. If they fall asleep, the outcome can be fatal for them, other drivers, and pedestrians.
- Aggressive driving. Often referred to as road rage, aggressive driving includes everything from driving too close to other cars, cutting off other vehicles, and gesturing, shouting at, or physically threatening other drivers.
- Poor road conditions like potholes, wet and icy conditions, and construction work can all lead to an accident.
Schedule a consultation with a Peters Law Firm attorney today to learn more about what to do after a car accident in Papillion.
Common Car Accident Injuries for Papillion Drivers
Injuries received in an auto accident vary widely and can include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, scrapes, and bruises
- Head injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Lifelong disabilities
- Neck injuries
- Psychological trauma
- Spinal injuries
You’re entitled under Nebraska law to seek compensation for present and future medical bills, rehabilitative services such as physical therapy, lost wages, and damage to personal property. You could also be eligible for compensation for mental pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium.
You could be eligible for compensation after an auto accident. Schedule a FREE consultation with a Peters Law Firm attorney today to learn more.
Auto Accident Laws in Nebraska
Anyone involved in a car accident that causes physical injuries or death (or results in over $1,000 in damages) is required by Nebraska law to file a police report within 10 days. Motorists must also carry minimum amounts of liability insurance for each vehicle they own and operate:
- Bodily injury per person: $25,000
- Total bodily injury (two or more people): $50,000
- Property damages: $25,000
If you or a loved one is injured in a car accident, you have three options:
- File a claim through your insurance provider.
- File a third-party claim through the other driver’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit.
Consulting with an auto accident attorney ensures you receive the sound advice you need to recover full and fair compensation for your damages.
For expert guidance following a car accident in Nebraska, contact Peters Law Firm today to schedule a confidential consultation.