The days, weeks, and months following a personal injury can be confusing and overwhelming, and what you do in that time can profoundly impact your quality of life moving forward. Though many people try to handle personal injury claims on their own, a personal injury attorney can provide valuable guidance in terms of medical treatment, communications with employers and insurance companies, and more.
Whether you’ve been injured in a car accident, a work-related accident, or another situation, speaking with a qualified attorney at Peters Law Firm can ensure you get the medical attention and compensation you’re entitled to.
Getting the Right Medical Help for Your Injuries
Personal injury claims cover a broad range of situations and different types of accidents, including:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Product liability claims
A significant problem with handling your own personal injury case is that the injuries you suffer are sometimes not as minor as you think. In fact, it can take weeks before you exhibit symptoms of some injuries, including traumatic brain injury, or TBI. That’s why it’s essential to see a doctor or other medical specialist following an accident, even if you don’t have any apparent injuries.
Why is this so important? If your injuries turn out to be worse than you (or your doctor) first thought and you accept a settlement offer, you’ve essentially given up all future claims arising from the accident.
A personal injury attorney can advise you on what steps to take after an accident, including waiting to accept a settlement until you know the full extent of your injuries. They explain all damages you might be entitled to and advocate on your behalf to make sure you receive fair compensation.
What To Look for in a Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one is injured because of someone else’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer will handle everything from investigating your case to estimating the type and amount of compensation you might expect to receive. Services a personal injury attorney provides include:
- Assessing your claim and reviewing its merits to establish whether you have sufficient grounds to seek compensation.
- Negotiating on your behalf with your insurer, employer, or other defendants’ legal teams or insurance companies.
- Gathering evidence and witnesses to prove the other party was at fault and your injuries are genuine.
- Help in navigating the legal process, which is often overwhelming and involves numerous other parties.
- Maximum compensation for your injuries. Multiple studies show that people who hire a personal injury attorney after an accident receive, on average, three and a half times more in compensation than those who try to manage the case independently.
Large medical bills, time away from work, and permanent disability are just some of the repercussions you might suffer from a personal injury. Enlisting the help of a trustworthy personal injury lawyer can help you make better decisions, breaking down your special circumstances and informing you of all your available options.
Most of all, they give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re getting the full compensation your case demands.
Contact us online today or call (712) 328-3157 to arrange a free consultation with a personal injury attorney at Peters Law Firm.