Contact Us

Peters Law Firm, P.C.
233 Pearl Street, P.O. Box 1078
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Phone: 712-328-3157
Toll Free: 888-840-3157
Fax: 712-328-9092
Map and Directions

Peters Law Firm, P.C.
303 Front Street
Neola, IA 51559
Phone: 712-485-2265
Toll Free: 888-840-3157
Map and Directions


Site QR Code

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

FindLaw Network

personal injury Archives

Allowable Damages in Personal Injury Cases

If you have suffered a personal injury through the fault of someone else, you may be able to collect damages (aka money) through the court system. As an injured party, you are not limited to recover only the specific amount of money an accident caused you to spend - such as a hospital bill. Instead, damages can be classified into two general categories: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are more tangible and can generally be found as the amount of money spent as a result of the accident, such as the amount of medical expenses. Non-economic damages can be awarded for things like pain and suffering - which may not have an evident, specific dollar amount like a hospital bill.